Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Saturday snow and fun!

We had more than 6" of snow on the ground when we woke up Saturday morning!! It was so beautiful and nothing I had ever seen before. I am a South Florida girl so snow is very foreign to me! It was cold though so Ana Maria and I never went out in it but we did have fun with our friends. Our friends Emily and Anna Catherine had cabin fever and wanted to come over. We said "please!!" They live a couple streets over but you just couldn't walk. No cars had been on our street also so the road was completely covered in snow and ice.
She out Anna Catherine in a laundry basket and pulled up with a belt attached to it. She had her husbands boots on and plastic bags around Anna Catherine's feet so they wouldn't get wet. It was the most clever thing I have ever seen! I was so proud of them for making the hike over! I guess that's what cabin fever will do to you :)
The girls made snow ice cream together and played till their little hearts were hungry for lunch. It was a fun time! Thank you Emily and Anna Catherine for coming to play!

*These pictures are for our Florida family who find this sooo hard to believe :)










Ana Maria waiting so patiently for her friend to come :)

Here she is pulling her in the laundry basket!!

The snow was right put to the door so it was hard to get in...

Bless their hearts!

They loved the snow ice cream Emily made for us :)

I should have taken a picture of Emily and I eating our ice cream too. I told her it tasted like Chick fil a. It was so much better than the one I made the night before!

She was shocked about how much better it tasted also!
After Ana Maria took her nap, our friends Autumn and Sara called to invite us to the mall. I was a little nervous about getting there but wanted to be brave and try it. I was afraid of getting home in the dark though so they offered to come pick us up in their BIG truck. It was so much fun with all three girls in the back seat and Greg, Autumn and I in the front. I would have never made it in my small car without sliding or getting stuck somewhere. You really needed his big truck to get anywhere and we were so thankful they offered to come get us. The girls had so much fun at the mall, playing and eating Chick fil A. We are so blessed to have such special friends like them to do fun things with!

On our way to the mall, we found a snowman in our neighborhood. Eduardo and Ana Maria are going to make one in the morning :)

Sara and Ana Maria playing together on the playground

This is Sara's sister, Maggie

They love each other and play so well together!

They loved holding hands in the stores

And riding on the carousel 5 times!!
Thank you Greg, Autumn, Sara and Maggie for such a fun night!!

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Happy snow day!

EmilyJ said...

We had fun too! Yay for memory making!